The bong is cold to touch, frosted slightly after being in the freezer for so long. The hit is long and smooth, completely painless. A cloud of smoke surrounds us, the hookah is burning and a movie is on. I pass to my left.

She's sitting there, watching me as I exhale. She is quiet, probably lost in her head. Crazy girl. I can't help smiling a bit as she bites her lip, deciding whether or not to take another hit. I tear my eyes away from her and watch the movie. She puts the bong on the floor and inches closer. Angelo is rolling a blunt on the table, Chris is passed out in the reclining chair. Jackie is opposite Angelo. Her friends left a while ago. The fan creaks as it slowly turns, its speed turned down intentionally. Bottles of beer and red cups litter the floor and various side tables of my living room. The entire first floor is filled with smoke.

"Take another hit," I tell her. "It's your birthday and we got this stuff for you." She blushes slightly and politely declines. Angelo finishes rolling his blunt and sparks it. It eventually makes its way over to us.

I take a long drag before offering it to her. Again, she declines. She leans back into the couch and stares at the TV. I exhale.

I turn to face her and move closer. "Come on," I whisper, "One more hit..." Her eyes are wide and I can see my reflection in her glasses. She doesn't move away. I take a long drag and go for broke. Our lips touch, her mouth opens and I breathe out. Our tongues meet for a second before I move away. She closes her eyes and holds the hit.

I watch intently as thick gray smoke pours out of her nostrils and lingers above the couch. Surprised I got away with that, I lean into the couch and relax. "See? One more hit never hu-" Her hand is on my face, turning it towards her own.

Her lips are on mine before I know what to expect.