Guide to Getting It On! (The Universe's Coolest and Most Informative Book About Sex) - Paul Joannides, Daerick Gross (illustrator)
"If only the Gideons were putting free copies of this book in every nightstand drawer of every motel room in the world!" - Stacy Hellen/CLEAN SHEETS
Although the title may imply a low brow college boy look on the subject of sex, it is actually something quite different. It presents sex as it should be, fun, as well as being very informative for girls and guys, straight and gay alike. Because what's the point of "getting it on" if it isn't fun (besides procreation of course, but even then it should be good)?
Joannides writes in a lighthearted way that is also clear and concise. If you have a sex question, it has the answer, often with some helpful hints on how to make the road to pleasure less of a bumpy ride (or more so if you are so inclined). Joannides also doesn't forget to include the warnings that should accompany any guide to sex. He even included a couple chapters on them, because after all, safe sex is as important as great sex. Teamed with Joannides writing, Gross' illustrations, though often comical, provide great detail when needed, as Gross is very talented in drawing true to life.
This book does not claim to be the be-all end-all totem of sexual information, but it is an incredibly well written book that covers many important areas of pleasure and should be read by anyone who would like to make sex better for their partner as well as themself.
To give you a feel for the areas covered, the chapter list has been included.
- The Alpha Chapter
- Brief History of Sex
- The Dirty Word Chapter
- Kissing - Lip-Smacking Good
- The Importance of Getting Naked
- On the Penis
- What's Inside a Girl?
- Sunsets, Orgasms & Hand Grenades
- Sex Fluids
- The How-To Part
- The Zen of Finger Fucking
- Hand Jobs: Different Strokes for Different Blokes
- Balls, Balls, Balls
- Doing Yourself in Your Partner's Presence
- Nipples, Nipples, Nipples
- Oral Sex: Popsicles and Penises
- Oral Sex: Vulvas and Honey Pots
- Massage, the Ultimate Tenderness
- Horizontal Jogging (Intercourse)
- Up Your Bum - Anal Sex
- Playing with Yourself
- Oscillator, Generator, Vibrator, Dildo
- Basic Brain Weirdness & the Mind-Body Interface
- Men's and Women's Experience of Sex
- What's Masculine, Feminine & Erotic
- Gay & Bi
- I Knew the Bride
- Sex & Sects
- Culture & Kink
- Talking to Your Partner About Sex
- Sex Fantasies
- Love Dreams, Sweet Dreams, Sex Dreams
- Techno Breasts & Weenie Angst
- When the Tide Turns Red
- Clean Jeans, Tight Jeans, Briefs & Boxers
- Abortion? Adoption?
- Birth Control & Gnarly Sex Germs
- Trying to Get Pregnant
- Sex During Pregnancy
- Circumcision - the Penis Calamity
- The First Time - Not What You'd Think
- Explaining Sex to Kids
- Sex When You Are Horny & Disabled
- Dyslexia of the Penis - Improving Your Sexual Hang Time
- Beware the Magic Bullet!
- When Your System Crashes
- Sex Laws in the U.S.
- Dr. Dog & the Stolen Toast
- Sex on the Interstate
- A Goofy Goodbye