I went on a blind date last night and I'm not sure if it went well or not. We talked and had a nice dinner at a good restaurant here in Baltimore of which I won't tell the name because I don't like to advertise for people all that much. We both had surf and turf type combination meals and that helps conversation when you have fish on one side and beef on the other. The more things you have to talk about on a date the better off you are by far although you have to make sure you don't say too many things your date doesn't understand or gets confused by because she doesn't know all your stories yet.

She was wearing a red dress with black stockings and medium height high heel shoes which was very nice to look at. I liked her because of the way she sat with her ankles intertwined and that probably means something in body language but I'm no expert. I didn't try to convince her to come back to my place because it was a weeknight and because I didn't want to scare her too much but she did give me a kiss on the cheek when we left the restaurant and I asked if she liked to go dancing. She said she hadn't gone out dancing in years so I suggested she end her streak of not dancing with me and she said she would think about it which could mean different things. I also offered to fill her gas tank before she went home because I always believe that when you meet a woman and drive in seperate cars to a restaurant you should put gas in her car as a sign of good intentions but she said she had plenty of gas. I should have thought about getting gas coupons if they have them because then she could get gas when she needed it and I wouldn't have felt like I was leaving her hanging but I did pay for dinner and it was pricey.

My friend Dale says that in modern dating you have to wait a couple days before calling someone after a date and that doesn't make much sense to me so I'm going to call her tonight maybe. I was going to call her on her cell phone to see if she got home okay but I didn't have the number just her home number and I knew she wouldn't be back yet. She has two grown children and one of them is in prison I think but not due to her upbringing of him. The other is a girl and she works as a photographer for some magazine here in Baltimore of which I have forgotten the name. There is interesting stuff for more conversation but I want to see those ankles again. They were very tasty looking and maybe I've been too long without female companion.

I have another day of free weekends and I think I do some extensive research on my writeup I want to do about the Baltimore Colts and maybe have it for reading on Sunday.