2003 Season

Spurs' 2003 season started the way the last season ended, badly. After falling into the relegation zone after only a few matches manager Glenn Hoddle was sacked and replaced by David Pleat. Spurs didn't improve much after that as new £7million signing Helder Postiga failed to score any league goals and Bobby Zamora failed to live up to his promise after injury problems. As well as being denide a semi-final place in the Carling Cup after a penalty shootout defeat to Middlesborough.

Fortunately Freddi Kanoute has been Tottenhams savior scoring bags of goals, which is exactly what Spurs need. The season has started to pick up and in 2004 Spurs won their first five games with Helder Postiga scoring his first premiership goal and Robbie Keane finding his goalscoring form again to help Spurs climb from 19th to 12th in the league.

After the january transfer window opened Spurs made a number of offers for new players and brought in Michael Brown from Sheffield United and Jemaine Defoe from West Ham United on the day of the transfer deadline to be reunited with fellow West Ham strike partner Freddi Kanoute. Unfortunately Leeds United turned down a £5 million offer for target goalkeeper Paul Robinson and young midfielder James Milner although Robinson agreeded terms with Spurs he is likely to join during the next transfer window.

On February 4th after a good run of league wins Spurs suffered another cup misery. After a mixed game saw the team draw 1-1 at the City Of Manchester Stadium a week earlier Manchester City had a trip to White Heart Lane. Spurs had a brilliant first half going 3-0 up with goals from Ledley King, Robbie Keane and Christian Ziege on his return from an long spell of injury. Man City hoped to go away with only some pride but after half time they were a changed team and although Spurs still had chances Man City managed to claw their way back up to 3-3. The in the 90th minute Spurs were left devestated after another goal put them out of the FA Cup as they were a victim of one of the greatest cup ties in history.