Content Advisor is a very unstable feature of Microsoft Internet Explorer. Its purpose is to block users from seeing websites with a parentally-specified amount of nudity, language, sex, violence and Live Nude Lesbians. It will also block sites that are not rated through various rating systems.

Content Advisor also has a nasty habit of enabling itself when you least expect it.

When this happens, you will be asked to enter the supervisor password upon opening Internet Explorer. Nothing you try works unless you have some infinite monkeys on hand.

The following steps may be taken to clear out the Content Advisor password and set it to be disabled, as it should be.


Disclaimer Section:

Read this.
Then read this.

If you hose your system it's your own fault.
How to disable the content advisor password in Internet Explorer
  • Open the Registry Editor. You can do this by going to the Start menu, clicking Run, then typing regedit in the box.
  • Locate the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Current Version>Policies>Ratings.
  • Find the "Key" entry and delete it. Click on "Yes" if it asks you if you are sure you want to delete this value.
  • Close regedit by going to the Registry menu and selecting exit or simply click on the close box in the title bar. Regedit will not prompt you to save the changes, what's done is done.
Open Internet Explorer. If done correctly, you will be browsing with no more features getting in your way.