Final Exams Are Over!

...And there was much rejoicing.

The last exam was due at 10:00 a.m. I left the house early because there was still a little bit of ice on the roads, especially over the bridges. People in Texas do not really know how to maneuver about ice on the roads, and, naturally, traffic backed up quite a bit. I reached my professor's office at 9:55 a.m. to hand in the paper.

Completion. Accomplishment. I hope to God I pass.

At long last, I received the recording of my music that I have been slowly adding to since September. What a revelation! Listening to myself on something other than a dumb Walkman recording made me realize that there are a lot of things about my music that I would like to change! I cannot believe I did not hear the dissonance of a minor second between the vocal line and a strong note in the guitar part earlier. But then again, I was the one singing. Of course I didn't notice. I also realized that I am a very sloppy guitar player. I know that I could be good if I tried. Note to myself: practice makes perfect.

I wish my techs would stop saying the word supervisor while they are talking to customers. But that was a rant for another time.

I walk through the clouds of uncertainty. The month has gone by too fast. Everything seems like it should be tying up loose ends by now, but it is not and it is driving me insane!

I wish I could go to DEUM but I have to work. Así es la vida.

I wish I could dream the future.