I present an alternative to the above example. This example of a press release is a confabulation.



Contact:
       Dr. Fake Name
       123 Fake Road
       Fake University
       Phone: 123-321-1234
       Fax: 123-321-4321
       Email: fake@fake.com

October 21, 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BEGIN

Forest Park Balloon Race Results Made Available Online

(Washington University, St. Louis, MO)Professor Jonathon Whitely from Washington University’s Statistics Department announced today that the results from the annual Forest Park balloon race have been made available online. Previously, the race results were only available on file in the St. Louis courthouse. However, the courthouse and the balloon race officials had been under pressure for some time to make the results widely available.

Balloon race competitors and enthusiasts from around the world closely follow the results of balloon races however have never been able to access the Forest Park results. Barbara Hayward, a veteran balloon racer from Raleigh, North Carolina, expressed her frustration with the inaccessible race results. “I have results from every major balloon race competition in North America except St. Louis’ Forest Park balloon race. I was never able to compare my results with theirs.

St. Louis courthouse historian and archivist Jeremiah Radcliff decided that it was time to release the results to the public on the Internet. He contacted Whitely in Washington University’s Statistics Department and asked for his services. “We figured it was a fine task for graduate level statisticians, since most of the results had not been sorted or analyzed,” reasoned Radcliff. Whitely accepted the task on behalf of his graduate students and formulated the project in his upper level statistics methods course.

The service is available at the web address: www.wustl.edu/~stat/balloon_results.htm. Questions and comments should be forwarded to Professor Jonathon Whitely. More  information is available at the website.

XXX


More samples ~ http://www.stetson.edu/~rhansen/press.html
More ideas ~ http://www.frugalmarketing.com/dtb/press.shtml