13:31

Playstation 2 has arrived in Finland and everybody is going apesh*t over it. Reportedly people started lining up for it at 2 in the morning, and those not being able to purchase one despite of their preorders have been nearly rioting.
Give me a break.
That's right, I didn't rush my way to the store to get one. Sorry, but paying 3000FIM for a console seems just completely ridiculous to me. Especially since the game selection remains quite low for some time, and the much-hyped DVD features.. well, suck ass.
Don't get me wrong, I do realize that true DVD fans won't use PS2 for watching the movies anyway. But if I hand over 3000 of our currency units I expect to receive quality. What was the amount of non-working DVDs on the new Hypestation again? 30%? Many of them don't even use the branching technique and are among the most popular titles. While the average Joe Public can never demand quality, not being able to watch Aliens might actually make some difference to him. Or maybe not, judging by the rate the units are getting sucked out of the stores.
And since there are only few games out there at the moment, I'll gladly wait until the price drops at least 50%. Meanwhile, my Dreamcast is certainly enough. (Ahhh, Shenmue)
Don't believe the hype!

I still haven't come up with anything spectacular for my work project. Oh well, that means 13-hour-days next week and lots of whining from the boss. Nothing out of the ordinary, then.

One month until christmas eve and there is no sign of (permanent) snow yet. Woo-hoo, Global warming. At least all the winter-haters (and believe me, there are lots of them here) are happy. Not that I would let the lack of the white stuff ruin my weekend, but this endless darkness and rain is slowly starting to get to me. There's nothing as depressing as seeing the highly-anticipated snow vanish over a 12-hour period, returning us to the autumn again.