15:43

Got a hotel room booked in Oulu for next monday.
I have a snowball's chance in Okinawa with the exam, and the trip will be quite costly. But if I'll fail, I'll fail with style. :)
Deep down I am sort of relieved to know my chances are nearly non-existent. Me moving to Oulu? That would be a Finnish version of Northern Exposure right there! And while admittedly the original is the greatest television series ever, we all remember what happened to Rob Morrow.
Right, I'm not making much sense here. But it's monday. Bear with me.

Actually, just getting my ass off the chair and trying is enough. I feel like doing something worthwhile - a feeling I definitely don't get from my work at the moment. Succeeding in getting accepted to the school is irrelevant, really. I do want to get in, but I also know it doesn't only bring positive changes to my life. Sure, other people will no longer think I'm a derelict loser. However, making decent pay doing something I'd do on my spare time is replaced by living as a poor student having to worry about exams, grades, dorm queues, incompatible roommates... No more fancy dinners at the best stake house in town. Not that there's anything wrong with instant ramen noodles. All this so I'll some day be able to make more money leading a group of people doing what I'd do on my spare time.
But let's not kid ourselves - working definitely has its downsides as well.
And maybe that's why I'm not having much stress about the whole deal. Passing the exam would help me achieve my dream of higher education, but failing it just means 12 months of business as usual.
Being the positivist that I am, I consider this to be a win-win situation.
What do you mean, "denial"? :)

Although I joke about it and all, I won't deny the fact that I'm quite excited and a bit anxious about the exams. Haven't taken part in a serious one since the finals of lukio 2 years ago.

Last but not least..
Hyvää syntymäpäivää VeppiHukalle! ^_^


To be continued.