10:31

Sorry to disappoint the systematically downvoting pussies, but I'm still here. Try harder, cowards.
I feel bad about my lack of daylogging in the past.. um, 6 months. It's not that I have an urge to write down every small detail of my life, but in a few years from now I'll wish I had written more than a few entries each month. I especially feel bad I didn't write anything on my birthday. Then again, I still have plenty of those ahead of me.
Regarding the nature of my day logs.. Since it's the trivial and mundane things one tends to forget, maybe I should sometimes concentrate on that instead of my shallow thoughts and pathetic attempts at using fancy words subconsciously trying to convince people I've got above-average language skills? (which I don't)
Well, that's some stuff to think about. Maybe I'll get around to my planned a-week-of-mundane-daylogging project soon. But maybe it would be best to get a few of my current 279 E2 projects out of the way first.

Ok, enough of this meta-noding already. :)

Life is sweet back here in HML. Like simonc mentioned in his day log a while back, I've been subjected to some changes at my workplace. But while the thing might look like something on paper, in reality it isn't a big deal at all. I'm on company Y:s payroll, but practically still doing work for company X and working under them. Believe me, any more info about the issue and your head would explode.

Apart from the plans for the trip to Japan being practically destroyed - a fact that still pisses me off - things are fine. A lot of the people are away at a training seminar today, which gives me the perfect time to catch up with my noding -- er, I mean: to catch up with work! A national holiday coming up tomorrow, and even the weather seems to be on my side (apart from some light rain).
Of course, there's the thing about my first entrance exam being in Oulu in two weeks, and I'm currently a poster child for the unprepaired. But I decided a long time ago to not stress too much over it. I'll do my best, and if it's not enough this year, it will be enough in 2002. One year here or there doesn't matter much, and it just gives me one more year to gather work experience and make a lot of FIM.
I wonder, why does the society make me feel like a complete loser if I'm not studying at the age of 22, although I am working my ass off and making good pay? One of those mysteries of life, I suppose.

Time to get some lunch.
I'm eating a bit less these days, and it feels great. Don't worry, I'm not turning into Ally any time soon. :)


22:01

Playing Amiga demos on a laptop and catching names of them to update The List in real time... Have I reached the higher state of geekdom yet?
At least I'm contributing to E2, and in the least XP-whoreish way possible - nodekeeping. And what else is there to do on a Wednesday night in Hämeenlinna? Um.. Any night?

Oh right, the firm handed me a Dell laptop. I don't really have any use for one, but since I had a chance to get one to my use for free.. why not?
A portable computer is nice for a person who has to do a lot of work-related (or personal) travelling, but I still fail to understand people who switch from a regular PC to a laptop although they have no need whatsoever for one. Call me an old-fashioned nerd, but I prefer a big monitor with a decent resolution to a tiny screen and 1024x768, no matter what it is I'm doing. And while some of the current machines have a usable keyboard, IMHO they don't come close to the good old Keytronic. And I don't even need to mention expanding and upgrading..
Although I'm one of the people with no need for a compact PC, I'll enjoy it for what it is - a cool toy. You'll most likely hear much more positive comments from me in two weeks from now, as I'm travelling on a train for hours and hours to reach a city half-way to the North Pole. :)