A 6-voice polyphonic digital/analog synthesizer with a 61-note keyboard.
Released in 1985 with the list price of $895, in production until 1986.

The AX60 features a single VCO per voice, with a 2'-32' range and auto-tuning (similar to many Oberheim synths). It is switchable between sawtooth, pulse, triangle and noise waveforms. PWM is available.
A self-oscillating low-pass VCF (similar to the one on the AX80) is available as the filter, along with a separate high-pass one. The filter section has its own ADSR envelope generator, and typical controls for cutoff, resonance, keyboard follow etc.
A single LFO is íncluded for modulation, with sawtooth, ramp, square, triangle and random waveforms. It can be routed to the VCO, VCF or VCA, and features the standard rate/depth/delay controls. The oscillator pulse width has its own dedicated LFO. It is possible to use the VCO to modulate the VCF for some interesting effects.

64 user patches can be stored in the AX60's internal memory, with more storage space accessible with a tape interface. The unit also offers a 3-mode arpeggiator with hold and external sync possibility. A chorus effect is available for bringing some depth to the sound.
The keyboard can be split in two parts, with bi-timbrality via MIDI. An unison mode is included for 6-oscillator monophony. The front panel holds a large number of sliders and knobs, instead of the "few buttons plus a data wheel" style which was popular at the time.
There is an audio input for processing sounds from Akai samplers through the synth. MIDI in/out/thru jacks are available, but the implementation is very limited.

Information gathered from several sources around the net. Not a cut'n'paste writeup.