Rational Anarchism is an idea created by writer Robert A. Heinlein in the book The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. I read his definition and went "hell yeah!" It was exciting to see in print what I had tried to express for so long.

Rational Anarchism is like this: "A Rational Anarchist believes that concepts such as 'state' and 'society' and 'government' have no existence save as physically exemplified in the acts of self-responsible individuals. He believes that it is impossible to shift blame, share blame, distribute blame... as blame, guilt, responsibility are matters taking place inside human beings and nowhere else. But being rational, he knows that not all individuals hold his evaluations, so he tries to live perfectly in an imperfect world, aware that his effort will be less than perfect, yet undismayed by self-knowledge of self-failure...

...I will accept any rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxioius, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

yes. and all was well in the world.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.