So last night I called my daughter to see if she wanted to watch the United States/France Women’s World Cup game today. I figured I’d skip the afternoon from work and that since she’s been playing soccer for the last ten years or so it was a no brainer for us to get together and enjoy a leisurely afternoon.

To paraphrase.

“I’d love to dad but I have to work. Oh, yeah, I also got my first car.”

It seems that beyond babysitting and doing household chores my not so little one has landed her first “real” job. It’s in a small café within walking distance from my house and caters to what might be considered a more “upscale” crowd. Today is her first day.

For those of you who know me and have been around here awhile and have watched her grow up before your eyes you can imagine the sense of pride I’m feeling right about now. It seems like only yesterday when I first started her E2 adventure and shortly afterword when she started her own. Can it really be that eight years have gone by in the blink of an eye?

Again, for most of you who know me you’ll know that there have been some bumps in the road along the way. Some of those bumps were self inflicted and some were just a natural progression of events as they happen over time.

That being said, I’d like to thank everybody for the warm response that we’ve received over the years as I tried to chronicle her adventure to adulthood.

From the looks of it, we’re almost there.

On a side note, I'm finding it really hard to resist the temptation to drop by her new place of employment to say hello but it'd probably just embarrass her. I think I've done enough of that already.