It was the haunting beauty of the music that first attracted me to Lamb. Formed in Manchester in 1995, Lamb is the creation of Louise Rhodes and Andy Barlow. They were signed by Mercury with only a 2 song demo behind them. Mercury obviously knew a good thing when they heard it.

The music that has sprung forth from Lamb's womb creates that serene but funky atmosphere that only trip hop/electronic music ever could. It is a collision between two extremes which fuels the fire of Lamb's Albums. Andy's music has a tendency to be dark and unloving. While Louise's lyrics are often written about love. Once the two are merged the result is breathtaking.

The first release for the duo was the 1996 self titled LP. Dynamic and deep, it contains the song Gorecki which has since been used as background and soundtrack music in a dozen movies.

..i've never know completeness like being here. wrapped in the warmth of you. loving every breath of you. still my heart this moment, or it might burst.'

From Gorecki

The creation of the Fear Of Fours album in 1999 found Louise and Andy agreeing on more levels. The duo had grown in the years following the release of their first album.

Fear Of Fours is described as uniquely reflective. Ditching the more conventional four/four music in favor of a variety of time signatures, wove magic throughout Lamb's second release. Engagingly unsettled, and harmoniously relaxing at the same time the album manages to reflect a similar contrast of extremes as the first album, while maintaining a firm grasp to its own unique qualities. Fear For Fours includes the song Alien, which is amazingly personal and features the heartbeat of Louise's then unborn baby boy Reuben.


Lamb LP - 1996

Fear Of Fours - 1999

What Sound - 2001

Between Darkness & Wonder - 2003

5 - 2011