Finally I discovered the little hidden traps in my school that only a senior would know about. I snuck out of my history class by climbing through the trapdoor in the wall and went to the cafeteria to get a bottle of water. It was very cool of me, because not just anybody knew about the trapdoors in the walls of my school.

Everybody was lined up outside in the field because they needed to get water before the busses to the field trip began to leave. All the seniors got on the big yellow schoolbus and after a short and forgotten trip, we arrived at my elementary school. Recess had not yet begun, so my AP English class gathered around the tire swing in the playground. They had replaced the tire with a nice new kid-friendly tire. It wasn't the old hard tractor tire that I remembered from my childhood. So, at the advising of my English teacher, we all stood around it in a circle and watched as we each took turns getting on it and swinging around.

Finally all of the kindergarteners came out and sat around at the other end of the field. A few teachers brought out the fake trees which were to be used in the recess presentation. This was new to me; we didn't have recess presentations when I was in kindergarten, but I accepted it as a sign of the changing times. The fake trees looked very real, but they were very light. One of the teachers was running around the trees in an attempt to teach the children a message about saving the environment. Towards the end of the presentation, I took the largest fake tree and began tearing through it. I ripped off the outer bark, and then ripped off the next smoother shell inside. Then there was a layer of foam, and I tore that off too. And inside that was a layer of blue and black checkered material that incensed me. I tore it off as well. Finally there was nothing left of the fake tree.

A beautiful girl my age with brown hair came over. She was crying, asking me why I liked being there. I said that I liked seeing the kindergarteners. They reminded me of my youth and lost innocence. She began crying harder, but smiling and inching towards me. I should have cried, too, but I couldn't. Another guy came over, crying, and he and the girl took solace in each other while I walked dejectedly to the monkey bars.