Pure Ramen

Everyone has their own way of cooking Ramen. Mine just happens to be the most Pure (like the driven snow.) All other methods of ramen preparation are inferior.

These are the steps one must take to prepare an optimal bowl of Chicken Sesame ramen:

  1. Boil 2 cups water in a pan just deep enough so that when you place the ramen in the pot the water barely covers the ramen. Make sure you boil the ramen with the lid off. This is very important when creating the perfect bowl of broth.
  2. Before your water comes to a boil run your ramen under hot tap water for at least a minute. This takes off some of the starch holding it in that lovely shape and creates a superior bowl of broth. This is the most important step!
  3. When your water comes to a boil add your ramen. After 1 minute of boiling turn the ramen over. As it softens stir it a little.
  4. Take this opportunity to throw out the sesame oil packet they include-- it's shit. Go buy some high quality sesame oil at the store, you'll thank me and so will your ramen.
  5. Telling when your ramen is done is really an art, I can't describe my method accurately. It has to do with lifting the cooking ramen noodles out of the boiling water and observing the way they clump to the fork. Never taste your ramen noodles, this is a waste of time. When the ramen is perfect it should be soft but firm.
  6. Pour what's left of the water into your bowl and add the flavor packet. Never cook with the flavor packet in the water, this changes the flavor and creates inferior broth.
  7. Add your own sesame oil to taste.
  8. Enjoy a piping hot bowl of Ramen!

That's it. Ramen is all you need.