Thievery Corporation consists of DJ's Rob Garza and Eric Hilton, who operate from their nightclub/bar Eighteenth Street Lounge (also the name of their record label) in Washington. Their music is often mentioned in the same breath as Vienna-based geniuses Kruder and Dorfmeister, who remixed one of Thievery Corporation's early tracks on their DJ Kicks CD.
The music of Thievery Corporation underwent some changes with every album but is consistently downtempo, offering Latin and/or dub elements over smooth beats. Expect something close to Kruder and Dorfmeister, maybe slightly less adventurous but even more smoothly produced.
Garza and Hilton always appear in suit and tie, exuding a sophisticated image which goes together well with the extremely polished sound of their music.

Thievery Corporation has produced 4 full length albums as of 2001:

- "Sounds from the Thievery Hi-Fi" (1997). Heavily dub-influenced downtempo tracks. Features the track "Shaolin Satellite" which was remixed by Kruder and Dorfmeister on their DJ Kicks CD.

- "Abductions and Reconstructions" (1999). Mainly a collection of remixed tracks by other artists such as David Byrne, Stereolab, Black Uhuru and Hooverphonic.

- "DJ-Kicks" (1999). Installment in the series of DJ collections by the German label Studio K7. Interesting CD because of the sudden appearance of Latin elements in the music of Thievery Corporation. Some tracks of this CD appeared in major television commercials.

- "The Mirror Conspiracy" (2000). Excellent album which brings all elements of their prior albums together - dub, Latin sounds, smooth downtempo and trip-hop beats.