Time Travelers Strictly Cash
is a collection of stories written by Spider Robinson
and first printed in 1981
. It is allegedly
one of the Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
series, although only four of the stories herein are really Callahan's stories.
The contents are :
- Fivesight - A Callahan's story. Fivesight is what you call something that's a little bit better than foresight.
- Soul Search - A different twist on reincarnation.
- Spider vs. the Hax of Sol III - A book review column from 1975 in which he reviews Deathbird Stories by Harlan Ellison, The Shockwave Rider by John Brunner, Newton and the Quasi-Aple by Stanley Schmidt, Enchanted Pilgrimage by Cliff Simak, The Missing Man by Katherine MacLean, The Wilk Are Among Us by Isidore Haiblum and The Life of H.P. Lovecraft by L. Sprague de Camp.
- Dog Day Evening - A Callahan's story, where we first meet Ralph von Wau Wau
- God Is An Iron - A short story that is also the first chapter of Spider's book Mindkiller.
- Rah Rah R.A.H.! - Spider defends Robert A. Heinlein from some of the more preposterous accusations made by large number of stupid people.
- Have You Heard The One...? - A Callahan's story, where we meet a traveling salesman and discover the truth about Josie Bauer.
- Local Champ - A Swords and Sorcery story about the greatest sorcerer the planet has ever seen, who is many thousands of years old and about as mean as one can imagine.
- The Web of Sanity - Spider's Fan Guest Of Honor speech from Minicon 1975.
- Mirror Mirror Off The Wall - A Callahan's story, where they get a visit from some of the people from the other side of the mirror.
- Serpents' Teeth - A story about a nice couple shopping around for a nice kid.