Stolichnaya was yet another producer of vodka to come up with an "alcopop."

Stoli Citrona, like all other alcopops, was a beer-like malt beverage with a lemon/lime taste. Also like other alcopops, it's extremely fizzy and contains 5.0% alcohol by volume. In the United States, it was sold only in 6- and 12-packs of glass longneck bottles. The label on the bottles is black and white and seems to be depicting a proletarian boot factory in Soviet Russia (In Soviet Russia, beer drinks you!), with the word "CITRONA" imposed atop it. The rendering of the factory is bordered by a gold rectangle, and at the top of the golden rectangle, the word "STOLICHNAYA" is emblazoned. On the bottom end, the label reads:

PREMIUM MALT BEVERAGE
WITH THE NATURAL FLAVORS OF LEMON AND LIME

Citrona was bottled by Allied Domecq Beverages Company (a subsidiary of Miller Brewing Company) of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The first shipment went out the week of April 26, 2002. And no, I'm not sure at all how you're supposed to pronounce the word "Domecq".

I was unable to find any nutritional information on this product (no doubt much to the FDA's disapproval), however I would assume that it's similar in structure to other alcopops and probably produces about the same effects.

In the interest of science, I consumed a 6-pack of this product last Friday night, and I can indeed verify that the effects are similar to most other alcopops. Citrona, however, is much better tasting than its fizzy counterparts like Smirnoff ICE. Adding a shot of vodka to it didn't seem to alter the taste at all.

If you're afraid of being seen drinking a "bitch beer," at least give this one a try. Hell, even add a dash of grenadine to turn the whole thing pink and make it really girly. It's made by Solichnaya, and they make some pretty hardcore vodkas. Or maybe put it in an opaque container. Whatever works, you know?

Unfortunately, Stoli discontinued Citrona about a year after this was noded. Pity, really, it was one of the better alcopops in a flooded market.

1 part help was garnered from http://www.allieddomecqplc.com/latest-news/news.asp?index=257