Things have taken a decidedly turn for the worse for me in the immediate past.

To wit:
  • I've gone through 100 Xanax tablets in four days. If this doesn't qualify as a drug problem, I'm not sure what does.
  • I have a urinary tract infection. Cranberry supplements seem to be helping.
  • Stomach/intestinal distress is decidedly no fun.
  • Five days without sleep (prior to the acquisition of the 100 Xanax tablets) is surely one of the forms of hell.
  • I no longer have health insurance.
  • I've been too ill to assert myself to finding steady employment.
  • My apartment is filthy, due in large part to my decrepit state of mind.

  • On the other hand, I quit smoking. So I suppose not everything has gone to pot.

I think I'll be heading to Walgreens to find, with the luck of the draw, a few things to help me feel better.

That venture also netted me a night mask (since I often find myself trying to sleep during the cursèd daylight hours), OTC anti-diarrheal meds, a bottle of 5mg melatonin (previously, I thought the maximum for melatonin dosages was 3mg; shows what I know, I guess), and a 1.5 litre bottle of Evian, since I was out of drinkable water. The tap water where I live can be best perhaps described as cheese that's seen better days.