Mr. Boddy: In your hands, you each have a lethal weapon. If you denounce me to the police, you will also be exposed and humiliated. I'll see to that in court. But, if one of you kills Wadsworth now, no one but the seven of us will ever know. He has the key to the front door, which he said would only be opened over his dead body. I suggest we take him up on that offer. The only way to avoid finding yourselves on the front pages is for one of you to kill Wadsworth. NOW.

Clue is a comedy movie directed by Jonathan Lynn and released in 1985. The screenplay was written by John Landis and Jonathan Lynn, and was based on the board game of the same name. It has a runtime of 94 minutes and was released with a rating of PG.

Six guests are invited to a dinner, each of them have been assigned aliases to hide their identity. Slowly, the guests learn that each of them have a secret. A secret that someone has been using to blackmail them, a Mr. Boddy. After Mr. Boddy arrives, he hands out a present to each of them. A weapon. To kill the butler, Woodsworth, who is keeping them in the house. The lights go out, a gunshot rings out, and Mr. Boddy is dead on the floor. This begins the questioning of who did it, and are they willing to go to any length to keep their secret.

So we have a stellar cast: Christopher Lloyd, Tim Curry, Eileen Brennan, Madeline Kahn. These are very impressive actors, but the script could be better. This isn't to say that it's not a fun movie to watch, but it could be better. A movie that pulled off a similar idea with greater results would be Murder by Death. It even shares Eileen Brennan in the cast. Overall, Clue is fun, but not amazing.

After saying that, let's look at some of the fun parts of the film. When the movie was originally released it had three different endings, each with different murderers. Each theater was given a random ending, now on television and tape one gets all three endings after the other.

Cast:
Eileen Brennan - Mrs. Peacock
Tim Curry - Wadsworth the Butler
Madeline Kahn - Mrs. White
Christopher Lloyd - Professor Plum
Michael McKean - Mr. Green
Martin Mull - Colonel Mustard
Lesley Ann Warren - Miss Scarlet
Colleen Camp - Yvette the Maid
Lee Ving - Mr. Boddy
Bill Henderson - The Cop
Jane Wiedlin - The Singing Telegram Girl
Jeffrey Kramer - The Motorist
Kellye Nakahara - Mrs. Ho the Cook
Will Nye - Cop #1
Rick Goldman - Cop #2
Don Camp - Cop #3
Howard Hesseman - The Chief

Sources:
http://www.imdb.com