I know there have been a lot of users complaining about the new XP/Leveling system that has been implemented on E2. Well let me tell you, I am one of them!

I simply cannot hold it inside any longer, I must air my grievances before I explode. Let me run down a list of the things I think were just boneheaded moves by The Powers That Be (in no particular order, since order is something I'm not accustomed to):

  • Not Downpointed for Downvoted: I don't like this because it will completely destroy E2's time-honored tradition of serial downvoting those who you do not like. How else now are we to anonymously and cowardly tell others that we think they are a waste of precious oxygen? What? Actually message them and tell them?? How crazy do you think we are?? And now I guess you want us to downvote something based soley on the quality of the writeup? I've got three words for you: PUH LEEZE.
  • No Longer Being Rewarded for Having a Sexy Homenode Pic: I don't know why the admin didn't want to encourage E2 users to be good-looking any more. Without the extra XP for being sexy, now who knows what kind of homely users will trudge to the website?? If we want to attract new users, which translates to more valuable content, how can we do that with lots of ugly people, I say??!?
  • Node Penguin: I still don't understand this concept. Will somebody please explain it in detail??
  • No more XP Bonuses for Writeups Complaining about George W. Bush: I know he's going to be out of office soon, but I think we can all agree that there's enough material for at least another decade. Now how will we encourage this practice? The number of writeups bitching about good ol' W will dramatically decrease, mark my words, and without them, E2 will become just a shallow husk of what it once was.
  • XP Rewards for sending Nate singing telegrams: Now this rule is just plain silly. Can we all agree?
  • Level Titles like "Cock Knocker": With the new infinite levels, it encourages all kinds of silly level titles. Like Level 87 is now "Cock Knocker." Actually. I like that one. Never mind.
  • Retiring of the E2 Rep Donkey: I and many other users are upset over this and will miss those visits from the E2 Rep Donkey bearing those burlap sacks of exotic spices and candy whenever a writeup achieves that coveted +35 rep. I know it had its problems, like the awkwardness when it would visit you while you're working at your office. But I say the problems with it should have been fixed, it shouldn't have been completely eliminated! All you had to do was make sure it waits and comes only to your home and something about its smell. But nooooo.... Whomever decided on this, dare I say, is just an ass.
  • No XP Bonuses for Writeups Submitted to Butt-Sex Quests: Now nobody will ever do another Butt-Sex Quest. Thanks a lot, guys. I want to know who is behind this cracked idea.
  • You Can Now Set Up Automatic Downvoting Preferences: Now this one is just outright. I mean, setting up where your account automatically downvotes all poems posted? All recipes? I mean, I know we've got to discourage poetry whenever we can, but this is just going over the top, enabling users to not even have to put in the effort of finding them and hitting that downvote button, even downvoting when they're not even logged on! For shame, people, for shame.
  • Rhode Island Auto-Downvoted by Everybody: Obviously somebody in the admin has a chip on their shoulder against the smallest state in the U.S. This is just a rude, obscene display of power.
  • And, finally, Butterfinger McFlurry Auto-Cooled by All New Users?? Come on. I mean, I'm not one of those folks who don't get the whole thing, why so many people cool it, etc. I mean, it is pretty damn funny. But this is just stupid. Especially now that we only have one Cool per day now.

I don't know about you, but these new changes have got me so out of sorts that I'm about to go on a seven-day drinking, blow, and gay sex binge. And I'm not even gay or an alcoholic or a drug addict! Thanks a lot, E2 Admin! Thanks a friggin' lot!