Real quick, here's some stuff I've been wanting to do many daylogs on, but have not had the time. Shibang, shiboom, here they are, a good daylog for anybody with ADD:

  • So Tuesday of last week I got an email from a company called Roundedcube.com saying they had a position open and they liked my stuff. I had emailed them a resume back in August during a mass desperate emailing of every frickin web design company in the area. I really, really needed to get out of my current job, for financial reasons and more. So, yes, I finally got the email I was looking for and it surprised me a bit, as I'd been expecting emails from school districts I'd queried about art teaching positions. Anyway, there were some emails back and forth and I got an interview for that Friday. I NAILED IT! I was nervous that day at work in the hours leading up to the interview - I had to lie and say I was going to a doctor's appointment - but once I got there I felt totally comfortable, I felt like I fit in there. And Monday morning, Marco, the CEO, called my cell phone and told me I had the job! I put in my two week notice and my last day at my current job is Monday, October 31. Yeah, Halloween, weird day to be a last day - also weird because it's a Monday - after a weekend I go back to my current job for just one more day. Oh well. I'm excited, this is the job I've been waiting for. It has great pay and an actual possibility of getting a raise at some point! And this new gig, they have this thing called "benefits." Benefits...hmmm, what's that? Anyway, it's gonna save my ass from becoming broke! Things are looking up!
  • My son is walking now! Yay! He walks all over the place. He does a lot of falling on his little behind, but he's getting the hang of it. Right now he walks like he's had a little too much tequila.:) But at least he's doing it more than crawling. At nearly 15 months, seems as though he was well overdue. And he's expanding his vocabulary. Now he can say "momma," "mommy," "dada," "daddy," "hi," and "toppit." Toppit, we think, is baby for "stop it." Hmmm...
  • Watching my Cardinals get dispatched by the Houston Astros really chapped my ass. Monday night was great, obviously, that Albert Pujols home run (neener neeener neener, Houston fans!) Maybe a rant on the whole wild card system in the MLB is meant for another node, but lemme just say this: a team that St. Louis soundly beat in the regular season for the Central Division, a team that was under .500 most of the season, 15 below at one point, doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Winners go to the playoffs, not losers. The World Series shouldn't be about the teams that suddenly got hot in October. Same thing happened to the Cards last year with the goddamn "Bosox" in the World Series. Go White Sox! (Sheesh, never thought I'd hear myself rooting for a frickin' Chicago team!) It's time to get out the wrecking ball, goodbye old Busch Stadium.
  • Speaking of losers... things look pretty bad for my Blues. I think their 25-year playoff streak will be coming to an unceremonious end. They're 2-5 so far, miles behind the damn Nashville Predators of all teams - a club the Blues used to own. If they don't right their ship soon it's gonna sink. All St. Louis has is these guys and the Lambs (sorry, I meant "Rams") until Spring Training starts again. It's gonna be a depressing five months for St. Louis sports fans.
  • There's some really good television shows out there right now. NBC's Medium and WB's Supernatural. Two excellent shows. Neither are 100% original, but they've so far been able to take concepts we've already seen but do something new and unexpected with them, Medium especially. Supernatural is like the X-Files, but scarier and creepier, even darker than the darkest Mulder and Scully adventures. (Do NOT watch this one with your little kids, it even really freaks my wife out.) But Medium, I cannot say enough about this show. It surprises me every episode, its originality and creativeness. Each episode tops the previous. I'm beginning to wonder how much longer they can keep it up. It's bar none the best show on TV right now. Check it out. Mondays, NBC, 10PM EST, 9PM CST.
  • I can't wait until November 1! Man I am excited. I am more excited about this job more than any other job I've ever had.
  • I'm also excited about attending my first noder meet next weekend. Unfortunately I have to bug out early. My wife is so old school about some things, sometimes it's why I love her so much, other times it's why she bugs me. She has apprehension about going place to meet folks you've never met before, i.e. internet people. I'm preaching to the choir here, I know, but I don't see what the big deal is. We meet people all the time we haven't met before, the first meeting has to be sometime. What's the difference if you meet them on the internet first? We talk to people first on the phone all the time before meeting them. Maybe it bugs her mostly because I'm going to sleep in a total stranger's house Friday night. All right, granted, that is a bit odd for me; I'll have to make sure then, the hours before I retire for sleep that night, I get to know Wiccanpiper so well I'll feel like I've known him for years.:)

Tthat's it. Well, I can't wait for Halloween, either; not only is it my last day at my current job, but I always love the holiday. It's my second favorite. Somehow we're going to take our son trick-or-treating for the first time and give out candy. It's going to be a neat "trick." If you know any magic spells that can split me in two for one night, you Wiccas out there just let me know.:)