On Christmas Day I got a rather intriguing message from a biological cousin of mine (I was adopted, hence the need for me to type the word "biological" a lot since I'd found out over ten years ago). I had, by chance mostly, discovered her a few years ago. She is on my biological father's side. When I had found out I was adopted soon afterward I went and met some of my family on my mother's side but until a few years ago the paternal side of my heritage was largely a mystery. When I found this cousin I finally began learning about my father.

I didn't like what I learned.

I had been holding out hope that my biological father was at least a semi-respectable human being since my mother was... well... not sure how to end this sentence, maybe just to say that she's not somebody you'd like to meet. I was not given up for adoption, I was taken away from them. Anyway, when I heard how much of a violent loser this man was it was clear that I'd never want to meet either of my biological parents.

So, yes, on Christmas the message from my cousin told me that, as it turns out, I have a brother. My loser father had spawned again with another woman he'd been married to three years after I was born and taken away from him and his ex wife.

So I have a brother.

It's so weird and it's going to take getting used to because I had grown up with sisters, never a brother. "My brother" had been a phrase I'd never uttered, obviously.

I friended him on Facebook last night, which was the final confirmation that what I had been told was true, that he does exist. At first I was kind of excited, but this event has been soured somewhat by the fact that this guy is not very literate, evident from the often-incoherent messages he's been typing to me. I am hoping that the guy is actually fairly intelligent but writing isn't his strong suit. But some of it is just sooooo bad. He's a Kansas redneck. No, I'm not being disrespectful, "kansas_redneck" is part of his email address.

So now I have a brother, but hold onto your hats, BREAKING NEWS, today I found out from my brother's wife that I have yet ANOTHER brother! But supposedly this one is "metally changaled" and the implication is that he is this way because of abuse he'd suffered at the hands of my father. So now I have one brother who doesn't seem all that intelligent saying I have yet another brother who, according to his standards, is mentally challenged. Oi.

To sum up, I have a brother BROTHERS.

Weird. This is so weird.

I guess I'm going to meet him at some point. I really, really hope that he's not the typical conservative, religious, ignorant, homophobic, xenophobic redneck. If he is, we may not get along as much as I'd hoped we would.

We'll see.

UPDATE: I was just told that my other brother, the metally changaled one, his name is Timmy.

TIMMMAAYY!!

Oh you just can't make this stuff up.