Kimberly Alexis Bledel was born on September 16, 1981 in Houston, Texas, USA. She was a shy little girl and it took some coaxing from her parents to get her to try community theater. In small productions of Our Town and the Wizard of Oz, she overcame her shyness and her potential became apparent.

As it has been for many actresses, the road to stardom was paved with modeling. She began that career while still in high school and traveled to places like Tokyo, New York, and Los Angeles. Post high school, she applied to New York University where she studied film.

In the spring of 2000, Alexis landed the role, through her modeling agency, that would catapult her from obscurity, playing the mumbling, beautiful, sharp-witted Rory Gilmore in the WB's hit series "Gilmore Girls." She was perfect for the role, as her and her on-screen mother Lorelei Gilmore (played by Lauren Graham) have excellent chemistry, convincing as a mother-daughter pair that have known each other their whole lives.

At home, in her spare time, Alexis spends life like any other young woman, reading, writing, and going to the movies.

Interestingly enough, English was supposedly not her first language; she learned it in school. She actually grew up speaking Spanish, as her mother - Nanette - is Mexican and her father - Martin - is from Argentina. She has one sibling, a younger brother Eric born in 1996. Alexis is a graduate of the Page Parkes Center for modeling and acting and her high school was Saint Agnes Academy in Houston.

Along with her time at NYU studying film, her love of photography could be foreshadowing a career making films instead of just starring in them.

Below is a complete filmography, provided by the huge and wonderful imdb.com:

  1. Sin City (2005) ( filming ) .... Becky
  2. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, The (2005) ( filming ) .... Lena Kaligaris
  3. Orphan King, The (2004) ( post-production ) .... Dylan
  4. Bride and Prejudice (2004) ( post-production )
  5. DysEnchanted (2004) .... Goldilocks
  6. Tuck Everlasting (2002) .... Winnifred 'Winnie' Foster
  7. "Gilmore Girls" (2000) TV Series .... Lorelai 'Rory' Leigh Gilmore
  8. Rushmore (1998) (uncredited) .... Extra

Notable TV Guest Appearances

  1. "Hookup, The" (2000) playing "Herself" 18 May 2002

Source: imdb.com