In the last 5 years as a bachelor
I've learned a few tips and tricks
that I didn't realize until not that long ago that other people don't know
! I thought I'd pass this one on.
Every 6 months or so you are forced to do the laundry, or at least when the lumps start to move. If you are the owner of a duvet, especially one of queen size or greater, putting the cover back over the insides can be quite a trick. This is the method I use:
- Lay out the duvet insides on the bed, tag end towards the foot, about halfway off the base of the bed.
- Lay the duvet cover, zippered end toward the foot, rightside up, overtop of the duvet insides hereafter known simply as 'the duvet'), but arrange it more towards the head of the bed.
- Grab either top corner of the duvet and push it into the cover until it finds it's corner. don't try to do anything with the duvet at this point, all you are doing is grabbing the corner with the cover's corner at this point.
- Repeat for the second of the top corners. You may have to grab the first corner with your teeth while pushing the duvet corner in. Keeping a hold of both is very important! You don't want to let go.
- Now you have both corners , with a bunched up cover and duvet. Not to worry!
- At this point stand on your bed (careful of the ceiling!) and shake the duvet. The cover will snake down the duvet and cover it evenly, almost all the way to the bottom.
- Now all you have to do is push the two ends into their respective corners and do up the zipper. Voila!