If you'll excuse me
, I'd like to rant
for a second.
The sequence of events went something like this:
- Tech calls me asking if there's any reason for the proxy server that I wrote to be exhibiting random strange behavior. I basically "uhmm... no clue" (without a decent control to the situation I can't do shit).
- Tech decides that since the random behavior is occurring, and another random program on the gateway is messed up, that he should reboot it.
- A mass ICQ is sent out informing everyone of the immanent gateway reboot.
- Gateway reboots, internet is lost for some.
- Boss calls me and bitches me out, asking me what I broke on the proxy server.
- I respond in the negative, telling him that the person who is at fault for this is not me.
- Boss calls CTO asking what went on. As the CTO had just heard me talking to the tech, he assumes that it was I who ordered the gateway reboot.
- Boss calls me and bitches me out, saying that I told him to do the reboot.
Needless to say, I don't enjoy being bitchslapped, especially for something that I had no fucking involvement with!