Compelling reasons to purchase a student meal plan.

In no particular order:

  • You won't need to worry about where your next meal is coming from.
  • If you want to eat well, you'll get more variety at the dining hall than you can probably scrape together in your dorm room.
  • If you don't want to eat well, it's burgers every night and pizza every day!
  • There's almost no better way to get enough fruits and veggies during your undergraduate life.
  • There's almost no better way to get enough fried clam strips and chicken patties during your undergraduate life.
  • You can make fewer trips to the supermarket.
  • You can use the dining hall AS a supermarket.
  • You won't need to learn vital cooking skills, delaying any form of entry into the real world for another four years.
  • You will need to learn vital spoiled-food spotting skills, saving you valuable food poisoning down time should you become a poor graduate student.
  • You can eat a plate of nothing but three pounds of grated cheddar cheese.
  • So can your lactose intolerant roommate!
  • No one likes scurvy, and dining halls have orange juice.
  • Everyone likes pizza, and dining halls have pepperoni.
  • It will teach you just how much you appreciate home-cooked meals, making trips home to see your annoying family palatable by virtue of looking forward to real food.
  • It will, just maybe, teach you something about making smart food decisions later in life that will save you from eating McDonalds three times a day for two years once you graduate.