Penn Radio is a 45 minute radio show (well 1 hour with commercials) hosted by Penn Jillette and Mike Goudeau. Jillette and Goudeau broadcast from Jillette's Vegas area home ("The Slammer") from something Jillette refers to as the Vintage Nude Studio. Apparently Jillette used to collect nude playing cards and when he created his studio he incorporated these playing cards into the décor. The cards are laid out in such a fashion that their order would only be meaningful to a fellow magician.

Both Jillette and Goudeau are professional, working jugglers. Among Jillette's various careers (magician, comedian, skeptic, actor, indie movie producer, and juggler) Jillette seems to identify himself most as a juggler. Goudeau is a former juggler for Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus, a writer for Jillette's Showtime Bullshit show (which they have to call "bulls hit" on the show as it is broadcast over the public airwaves), and a juggler for the Lance Burton Show at the Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.

Penn Radio is syndicated by CBS radio's "free fm" format, a kind of corporate Air America. It's only available on half a dozen radio station. However one can download it via the podcast route (http://www.923freefm.com/pages/1419.php).

On the show, Jillette and Goudeau cover a lot of ground. I guarantee you'll learn more about professional juggling in any week of Penn Radio than you've ever learned before. To paraphrase Jillette, unlike standup comedians who are terminally unemployed, any competent juggler is never unemployed in America. There's always work. However, unlike comics, there's never been a juggler who has truly made it big as a juggler. Hell, even ventriloquists have made it big. (As Jillette notes about ventriloquists, we are the first generation to grow up without a ventriloquist. Generations previous have had Edgar Bergen and Señor Wences. The closest we've come is Jay Johnson and Bob from the sitcom Soap.)

When Penn isn't talking about ventriloquism he's giving the background scoop on the fourth season of Bullshit or issues relating to skepticism, atheism, libertarianism, magic, and comedy. Some of the stuff he says can be challenging. For example, he has almost nothing nice to say about Michael Moore. However, he's unfailing polite on the phone to callers, even if their beliefs are diametrically opposed to his.