there's this place i went to a few years back, a couple or six hours up the coast.
the lake about eight hundred meters wide, a small dirt path all the way around, with little trails going off into the thickening treeline.
a dock, and on the exact opposite side, a huge tree overhanging the water to climb on and sit to ponder for a bit, or dive off.
the lake is full of mud, so soft and cool it feels like velvet slipping through your fingers. all the tiny particles, i suppose. much finer than sand. the water has very cold bits, and very warm bits. you find a warm current and follow it around.
then dive down as far as you can to get a handful of nice silky mud to smear on your arms for no reason.
then sit on the bank wrapped up in towels and if you're lucky a person.
watch the trees do their silent calm tree dance, then watch the sunset.
all red and purple and orange on the scattered clouds. then cook some food and eat.
then swim again, and warm up quickly. then watch the stars for a bit.
snuggle on a blanket on the little dock, or just stand coatily if you're alone.
then walk back to your tent and strip naked, then quickly squirm under the blankets and get warm.
slowly drift off to sleep watching the dying fire flicker against the tent walls.