2020-01-10: I don't know how easy or hard this is to implement, but I second the use of Markdown in the site: it's easy to write, and it's made to produce valid HTML. Practically all my writeups of the past few years have been written in Markdown and then passed through pandoc to produce the final result.

Curiously, the simple combination of Markdown with pandoc produces HTML with more features that this site allows to its users, namely:

  • Header references, so that it’s possible to link to a defined header on the same page,
  • An easy syntax to create and display footnotes with internal links to its corresponding section and back,
  • Easy conversion, if needed, to proper typographical signs: straight "quotes" become “curly quotes”; two dashes 3--5 become an en-dash 3–5; three dashes --- become an em-dash—like this one—that’s easy to write. And three dots become an ellipse… Granted, some of these can mess up with node titles, but it's relatively easy to toggle these options on and off

2020-01-11: Also, it would be great to have proper support for mathematics (via MathML/MathJax). Current support is barebones and noders of past (and present) had to make do with <pre> tags and ugly ascii constructs for things like fractions and integrals. This place needs more actual mathematics.


2020-06-14: Non-critical feature: Would sub-pages be useful? In Mediawiki software, it's useful to give some order to pages that grow too large (for example, in Wikipedia I have a User page and under it there's my sandbox/scratchpad, a page with accomplishments, a page with articles I've started, etc.) This can currently exist as pages with nest-like names, though. Just an idea that came to mind and is probably not useful at all.


2021-03-01: We're being riddled by spam yet again. I'd love for us non-godly users to have a way to help against this plague. A report button? A flag for admins? A spam sniping rifle?