A villiage in the Interlake region of Manitoba, about 94 kilometres north of Winnipeg on highway 9 and located on the southwest shore of Lake Winnipeg. It comprises portions of sections 2, 3, 10, 11, 14, 15, 22, 23 and 26 of township 17, range 4E (see Dominion Land Survey) and is the result of the amalgamation of Matlock, Whytewold and Ponemah -- formerly a part of the Municipality of St. Andrews until 1947.

Really, it's best known for its white sandy beaches, drawing thousands of visitors and cottagers, mainly from Winnipeg but also from the rest of Manitoba (see Winnipeg), during the summer months. However, as the river freezes up real pretty like each year, making it great for snowmobiling and ice fishing.

Dunnottar is also home to First World War hero Bill Case who is also the last surviving member of the PPCLI of the First World War and Olyimpics competitor Colleen Miller, four-time gold medal winner in the World Rowing Competition.

Presonally, I used to live in Matlock year-round with the other 390 permanent residents, but I went to school in Winnipeg (see Balmoral Hall and St. John's-Ravenscourt). People are used to hour-long commutes in larger urban areas, but imagine a similar commute, only lacking in any form of entertainment. Now imagine it with a screaming, impatient five-year old in the back. Now imagine doing it every day.