Some footnotes in my life:

- Starting next week, I'll be working the graveyard shift. In at 9PM, out at 5:30AM. Actually, for the past couple years I've had difficulty going to sleep earlier than two or three in the morning, and the past week or so I've been wide awake til about five anyhow, so this works out pretty well for me. That said, I wouldn't have gone for it if it weren't for the fact that the night differential will increase my wage by nearly 50%.

- I got banned from the Penny Arcade forums yesterday. I'd been a pretty active member there for about 18 months. I'll spare you all the gory details, but the upshot is this: In making fun of the concept of "homebrew" for the Sony PSP (which as far as I can tell is 90% emulators), I made a comment to the effect of, "I just love playing illegal Nintendo ROMs on my PSP." Several people of dubious intelligence got the impression that I was in earnest, including a mod, who promptly banned me. He also deleted the comment I made, so that there was no way for any other mods to know the specifics of what I had said. ...Huh. So much for sparing you the details. When I think about it, though, it may all be for the best. I spent entirely too much time on those forums. The very fact that this whole affair has upset me so much is a bad sign.

- I've begun reading Halspal's book, Humane Society. He sent me a copy of it quite a while ago - probably over a year ago at this point. I kinda feel bad that it's taken me this long to get to it. What I've read so far is pretty good, though I have difficulty believing much of it is based on true events, let alone grounded in them.

- My birthday is less than a month away: November 1st. I wish I could say I was looking forward to it. All it really is to me is a reminder that I've wasted another year of my life.