Tofu the ultimate surrogate.
It tastes, looks and feels like the original food...
if the original food was made of synthetic resin, that is.

It is flavoreless and textureless and, when properly flavored and prepared to look and taste like <insert any food>, it looks and tastes exactly as a flavoreless and textureless substance that has been properly flavored and prepared to look and taste like <insert any food>...and has miserably failed at it.

I find it unfortunate that so many people appear to be missing the (admittedly rather macroscopic) difference between the real thing and a succedaneous substance, especially where something as important as food is concerned. In times like these, can tofu sex be very far?

Which is not to say tofu does not have legitimate uses in - say - Japanese cuisine (I might still not like it, but hey...). It is its (ideological?) role as universal (and I might add obnoxious) surrogate that I firmly oppose.


I realize that this might be viewed as a subjective writeup. Maybe, but I would then maintain that claiming that tofu can be made into any food is at least equally subjective - even if it does not look that way.

Besides, I feel that the E2 tofu conspiracy must be somehow contrasted.