I went hunting for wild chicks today. It involved driving a fair distance to get to their favourite roosts, finding suitable ones at a distance and shooting to kill.

Well, ok, the truth is that I went hunting for wild chickens with my dad. It was in a palm oil plantation outside town but within the district of Kluang.

We used my father's shotgun. There were lots of chickens around - much more than last year. My hit rate was pretty low to begin with but improved as we went along - I missed with my first 4 shots but got about 4 out of 6 for my last few shots. In the end, we got a total of 8 chickens, 5 shot by me and 3 by my dad. I actually hit another two chickens but although they were wounded, they managed to escape by hiding in the undergrowth.

We only shot cockerels and left hens alone ... the male chickens were larger and more noticeable ... besides, leaving the hens would help ensure the chicken population stays up...


On another note, I found that the reason my games weren't working on my new computer was indeed the el-cheapo NVIDIA Vanda LT TNT2 video card included in the system. It definitely did not like resolutions of 640x480 or 800x600. It's funny as it seems to work fine with a resolution of 1024x768 and higher.

I scavenged my old computer and replaced the Vanta LT card with my old S3 Virge card and confirmed that the NEC monitor was not to blame.


Going to Melaka tomorrow to visit grandparents and other relatives.