So I saw another movie tonight that made me realize a few things about this film. (SPOILERS)
No Country for Old Men is a movie where:
- A protagonist is motivated by a MacGuffin in the form of ill-gotten money.
- The antagonist stalks and subsequently kills a private investigator at the top of a staircase.
- A protagonist is killed suddenly halfway through the story after hiding out in a motel.
- The antagonist murders another person in a motel shower.
- The conclusion concerns itself with a discussion between policemen.
All of which is very reminiscent of a notorious movie by Alfred Hitchcock.
Additionally, there's a moment early on in both films where somebody is pulled over by a police vehicle; shots with both vehicles by the side of the road are essentially identical.