An incredibly haunting book written by H.G. Wells in the late nineteenth century.

The story details the life of a young scientist who is trying to solve one of man's more interesting ideas: invisibility. Not only does he accomplish his feat, he cannot undo the task. This is only where the book begins...

As a result, he becomes completely mad, terrorizing the English countryside.

Wells does a superb job of giving away just enough detail into the mind of the invisible man (kudos if you know his name) the protagonist turned antagonist, while keeping the book short enough that it can be read in one cozy, rainy afternoon or into the haunting of a thunderstorm-filled evening.

The dialogue brings the reader to a jerking halt, wondering what will happen next and pushing you to turn the pages till the very end.

Available in the public domain, it can be found just about anywhere.

Invisibility can bring great power. However, along with it comes great responsibility. Can man's mind handle the task? Wells gets into the readers mind and makes them think if being invisible would be all that great.

"Listen to reason, will you?" said the Invisible Man, sticking to him in spite of a pounding in the ribs. "By Heaven! you'll madden me in a minute!

"Lie still, you fool!" bawled the Invisible Man in Kemp's ear.

Kemp struggled for another moment and then lay still.

"If you shout I'll smash your face," said the Invisible Man, relieving his mouth.

"I'm an Invisible Man. It's no foolishness, and no magic. I really am an Invisible Man. And I want your help. I don't want to hurt you, but if you behave like a frantic rustic, I must.