I woke up from nice dreams to both pain and bad memories. I may never know what brought either of them on.

You're not a superhero, you know. You're just human.

The reminder never stops, and it needs to. I know I couldn't save any one of them from the world, or from people. We're all at the mercy of the people we share a planet with, and I know that. But I try to help, I do. I guess I just don't want to be remembered as the man who could never really help anyone when the chips were down.

It's okay to have shortcomings. It's okay to be imperfect.

But if it's so okay, why is it so goddamned hard to swallow? Why does it dig its claws into my throat and drag its way down? Why can't I do better in life? Where is this barrier coming from?

They all thought they were doing the right thing, the best they could do given their circumstances.

I suppose that's true, but that doesn't excuse them. I refuse to think it's wrong to take the time to call things as they are, and I refuse to think it's wrong to want to stop evil.

I don't know where to draw the line between excusing someone for their actions because they wanted to help or thought they were doing the right thing, and hating someone because they ruined a precious and innocent life.

Where did all this sadness come from? Why does, all of the sudden, the world seem so cruel?

I just want to skip town with you, baby. Hit the road and let it sweep us away to wherever we may go. I want adventure and novelty. I want fun and creativity. I want escape. I dream of flight and itch for the ocean. Take my hand, let's blow this joint.