user since
Wed Apr 23 2003 at 22:38:15 (21 years ago )
last seen
Sat May 31 2003 at 19:10:52 (20.9 years ago )
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 0
mission drive within everything
Exploration!
specialties
Biology
school/company
Wayne State University
motto
Too many crackers = bad luck. (seen written on a bathroom stall at a racetrack)
Send private message to aequorea

salutations!

i am a science teacher in training.

i've finished my degree in biology and now i'm working as a glorified babysitter substitute teacher (which i just adore), supervising summer nature camps, and tutoring. i also spend an obscene amount of time in class and/or studying for class. at the moment, my interests include...

martial arts, yoga, art, andy goldsworthy, aikido, biology, viruses, identifying trees, riding horses, eating bugs, subatomic particles, good loud music, black holes, hanging out with my white-haired physics professors, counterculture, bondage shows, tattoos as an art form, reading lots of books, mountain biking, cooking,...

as i am a new noder i'll probably lay pretty low until i have a better idea of E2 etiquette.

so for now, i'll leave you with this interesting thought: if you fell into a black hole, you could see the back of your head before you fell in!

(of course you would probably be unconscious and torn apart by gravitational tidal forces, but it's still a cool idea).

MY LIFE AS A CAMP COUNSELOR

Here is the scene:

It's summer, and we're in a large, open room full of small children seated at small tables. Most of the kids, we'll call them campers, are about 3 or 4 years old, and most of them are coloring fairly quietly (The others, of course, are trying to eat the crayons and/or their neighbors' shoes). There are a few adults (okay, teens who have graduated high school), known as counselors, and most of them are coloring too.

Zoom in on the green table, where little Billy has something he wants to show his friends; he has brand-new spider-man underwear!

The counselor closest to him hears his conversation and explains, "Billy, your underwear needs to stay under your pants, sweety." She thinks for a moment, and then says, "And your pants need to stay on . The angelic girl next to her adds, as though finishing the thought, "And you should never touch your vagina in public!"

Screeeech!

The children all continue coloring, but the counselor is frantic. Does she...

You guessed it folks! And so she hides in the hall, bent double laughing and trying not to piss her pants, until she can face the little innocents with a straight face once more.

some other favorites from the nature campers:
"I'm a bee! "(as he pinched me) "Look, this one has a cephalothorax!" (I don't even know what that means!)
"Ben, come back and put your pants on with the zipper in front!" (this from a mom)
"I promise i won't hit him again!" (WHACK!)