I did some things differently:
- I used only 1 cup of flour.
- I have a coffee grinder so I added the ground flax. I will poop better than jessicapierce.
- I used 4tsp of butter as per the recipe. In order to get the dough to stick together I rubbed olive oil on my hands and kneeded it a bit.
- I used milk, not water. 1%, not skim. I prefer skim but no one else drinks it.
- I made cracker shapes, but that's trivial
My dough was not rubbery, and it stuck together. I attribute this to the fact that I used half a cup less flour.
They are in the oven now. Soon we shall see how they turn out.
The first sheet is done! They taste great! They have a nutty
flax flavour, and are not bland at all, even though I only used .5 tsp salt.
Less flour, ground flax, delicious!