For a pizza crust you really can't do much better than a focaccia
; so here's a recipe for focaccia without the seasonings.
- 2.5 c sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 8g packet ( or equivelent ) of yeast
- 1 c warm water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- Pour yeast into 1/4 cup of the water and stir in the sugar.
- While the yeast is feeding and getting gassy, in a mixing bowl mix the flour and salt, you may also wish to add some herbs such as oregano, garlic, basil etc. at this point
- To the yeast mixture add oil and water
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated
- Allow the dough to rise until it's approx. double it's original size
- Punch the dough down, let it rise again, seperate into 2 halves
You now have dough for two 12 inch pizzas.