It is unnerving how the weirdest thoughts / plans constantly spring up in one's mind at moments when least needed. More so when these moments happen to be short-breathers in the middle of an exam. Take for example today. Computer Networks - II. One of the few (and by this I mean REALLY few) subjects I actually paid attention to during the entire semester, so the entire motions were going to be nothing short of a formality.

One glance at the question paper and whatever apprehensions I may have had were erased. Believe me, walking down supposedly empty hallways at 2 in the morning only to be greeted with a - "So, everything's done huh ? You all set ?" at just about every corner can raise doubts in the steadiest of minds. I wont even go into the details of the poor ones who discover (much to their horror) the subjects a night before the day of reckoning.

So anyway, getting back to the exams. Two hours into the paper and I am all done, idly flipping through the hasty scribbles and extravagant free-hand drawings that the once serene sheet has been reduced to. Black Noise. Ready to leave I do a quick 360 and survey the rest of the class. Most have their heads down furiously regurgitating last night's effort while others stare off into the distance, the present a mere transition period. Those who do look at me are met with the widest grin ever - all the white and not-so-white lined up rather haphazardly.

Not quite ready to leave, I push my paper aside and give free reign to my thoughts. Carry me where you will. Since summer is coming up and I have quite a few plans chalked out (in-mind) I decide to form a quick and dirty list (once again in-mind, atleast up till now) and these are the things I came up with :

1) Get FIT. Seriously, I have become addicted to my desk and my bed and it shows. Gotta get atleast 4 inches off and back into those 28" which have since long been claimed by the winged dullards

2) My own web-site(from scratch). This is an idea I have been toying around with for quite some time and has been delayed enough as is. HTML, PHP, CSS and some-more shall then be my weapons of choice to unleash the pent-up creative skills (no kidding!!). Actually I am pretty gray in this area and so will need to do some research before I jump in. Suggestions welcome.

3) A linux based application for listing Windows file-shares on my dorm network. A lot of friends including me have felt the need for one and so have decided to go ahead and one ourselves. A friend is handling the GUI with me doing the core.

4) A new language. This would be awesome if only I could select one from the multitude that I yearn to learn. Japanese / Greek / Spanish top the list with about 50 more trailing. Now if only..

5) Arrange an internship somewhere, someplace. This is gonna be one of the hardest things to do, but if the ACM results and my college lab experience doesnt excite them I dont know what will. Also being part of the course this is one that cannot be skipped.

So there it is. A brief (well I tried) introduction to how my summer is going to go, hopefully. I would love to stop and chat some more on the details of the multithreading mechanism implemented in the yet-imaginary scanner but unfortunately I have another paper to study for.