I'm a complete slacker, and the receptionist at work knows it. There are usually a few other people passing through the lobby when I arrive somewhere between the hours of 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM each day. I hear her say "Hello" to everyone else, but she always says "Good morning" to me. She knows I'm a slacker, and I just woke up. I'm not returning from lunch like some of the other people. Nor am I returning from a meeting with a client like some of the other people. She knows I just couldn't drag my sorry ass out of bed before noon. Sure the chronic bed head hairdo I sport around the office could give me away, but no; the receptionist just knows me. She also knows to say, "Have a nice lunch!" if I walk back through the lobby to leave the building sometime before her shift ends at 5:00 PM.

It's a good thing that bosses don't fraternize with receptionists. (They all fraternize with their admins instead.) I'm glad of this because my work schedule is potentially a career limiting move. Perhaps I should send her flowers some day as a bribe to keep her mouth shut about my schedule.

At least I know she respects me, because she is aware that in spite of my slackerdom I can still keep a steady job.