Athina Roussel Onassis is the heiress of Aristotle Onassis's fortune, which was left to her when her mother died in 1988.

Born in 1985 to Christina Onassis, daughter of the Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis, and Thierry Roussel. Her parents divorced when she was still a baby and she lived with her mother up until her unexpected death of an overdose in 1988, thus leaving Athina to be raised by her father and his new wife, Gaby Roussel.

She has been dubbed the richest girl in the world ever since the age of three when all the Onassis fortune was put into a trust for her to receive when she reached the age of majority in Greece, which is 18. The trust is estimated to be around $2 billion dollars.

Athina now lives in Switzerland on the shores of Lake Geneva with her father, her stepmother and three step brothers.

It is also interesting to note that Thierry Roussel does not work and the family lives off Athina's money, which she wants nothing to do with. She has been quoted as saying that when she turns 18 in the year 2002 she will give all the money to her father to manage. Her father, Thierry, has already lost over $5 million dollars of hers in bad investments in South America. It was also rumored that Christina Onassis paid Thierry $30 million dollars to marry her because she was so desperately in love with him.