Sequel to Super Monkey Ball
, by Sega
. This game mostly continues the tradition of the original
, with some additions. There are added courses in regular mode, but the biggest addition is that there are now twelve mini-games
, instead of only a few. Party games that are in the sequel:
- Monkey Golf - This has been changed to be more like regular golf, instead of mini-golf. A change for the worse, in my opinion. It's much more fun in the original.
- Monkey Target - My personal favorite from the original. I like it just as much in the sequel, if not better. Additions include new powerups, such as multipliers, brakes, and a magnet powerup. However, they took out the Wheel of Doom.
- Monkey Billiards - This one pretty much stays the same, with some added game modes: US 9 Ball, Japan 9 Ball, Rotation, and Traditional 8 Ball.
- Monkey Fight - Pretty much the same, as well. They added a new Iron Glove powerup that makes the game extremely cheap, because whoever gets the iron glove usually wins.
- Monkey Bowling - Much better than in the original. New lanes are a lot better, and have gimmicks to them. Curved lanes, lanes with hills, wavy lanes, etc. Very enjoyable.
- Monkey Race - Mario Kart-esque racing. You roll around and avoid obstacles while doing your best to hinder your opponents' attempts to reach the goal first.
- Monkey Shot - Pretty much a generic arcade-style shooting game. Each player has their own crosshair, and you shoot things. Kind of like House of the Dead or Time Crisis, in a sense. But without the gun, and without a lot of the fun.
- Monkey Boat Race - A new one. You control your raft with the L and R triggers. So, in a sense, it's Monkey Race, but harder to control. As in Monkey Race, there are items you can use to your advantage, such as whales, whirlpools, or turning your raft into a submarine.
- Monkey Tennis - Very reminiscent of Virtua Tennis, also by Sega. It plays pretty much the same.
- Monkey Soccer - This one's odd. Basically, it's a really basic soccer type game, playing it is very confusing. You can't switch players, and you can't control your goalie. This makes for a rather frustrating game.
- Monkey Dog Fight - You float around, somewhat like you do in Monkey Target. But this time, you don't descend, and your goal is to shoot your opponents down. To put it basically: it's monkey deathmatch.
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention something. Super Monkey Ball 2 actually has a plot
. Yes, in the story mode, Dr. BAD-BOON robs Monkey Isle of all its bananas
. Aiai, Meemee, Baby and Gongon are thus entrusted with the task of bringing the glorious Dole-brand Bananas