A concept car made by British sports car manufacturer Jaguar, the XK180 was released mostly to show off the mad skillz of the parts and design departments. Jaguar has announced that the XK180 will not be put into production because the base price would be too high and there would be too few buyers. However, that said the XK180 is a very nice looking machine. Designed by senior designer Keith Helfet in the Jaguar Styling Department, the SK180 takes its styling cues from Jaguar roadsters of the 1950s and 60s, such as the XK series and the popular D-Type. The XK180 was based on a shortened version of the XKR convertible (hence the styling similarities) introduced earlier in the year. A 4L supercharged V8 produces 450bhp and can propel the roadster from 0 to 60mph in a not-too-shabby 5 seconds. The XK180 was hand-built in Jaguar's Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) workshops in Browns Lane, Coventry. Inside the vehicle is as luxurious as one would expect in a Jaguar with racing seats trimmed in Connolly leather, full safety harnesses headrests and a dashboard in engine-turned aluminium carrying switches to echo the style of the Jaguar Le Mans winners of the fifties.

2000 Jaguar XK180 Concept

Specifications:

Cost: Prototype
Engine: 4L front-mounted supercharged V8
Power: 335.6kW (450bhp) @ 6150rpm
Torque: 603.3nm (445ft-lbs) @ 3600rpm
Drive: RWD
Transmission: 5-speed auto
Body: 2-door roadster
Size (LWH): 4417/1821/Not available mm (173.9/71.7/Not available in)
Curb Weight: 1565kg (3450lbs)

Performance:

Acceleration: 0-60 in 5s
1/4 Mile: 13.9s
Top Speed: 289.7kph (180mph)

Sources:
RapidCars.com - http://www.rapidcars.com Supercars.net - http://www.supercars.net Ford, Jaguar & Aston Martin, Concepts & Supercars - http://supercars.ifn.cx