An SVT-modified version of the famous sports car by Ford, the Cobra has a long tradition of performance excellence for American muscle cars. Introduced in 1993, the goal of the SVT Mustang has been to take the performance of the 'Stang one step further.

For 2003, SVT have increased the power output to the highest ever for a production Mustang. Also on the list of modifications are new aluminium cylinder heads, upgraded universal joints to the drive shaft, additional bracing to accomodate the extra load from the higher power output and larger tyres, a tubular cross-brace to stabilize the differential under hard acceleration, decreased roll steer and a redesigned hood.

The extensive list of standard features includes a leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather boots for the shift and park brake levers, tiltable steering wheel, power windows, mirrors, door locks and trunk release, SecuriLock anti-theft system, remote keyless entry, cruise control and a Mach 460 audio system with AM/FM radio and an in-dash 6-CD player.

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

Specifications:

Cost: €29,532 (US$29,035)
Engine: 4.6L front-mounted water-cooled DOHC V8
Power: 209.8kW (390bhp) @ 6000rpm
Torque: 528.77nm (390ft-lbs) @ 3500rpm
Drive: RWD
Transmission: TTC T-56 6-speed manual
Body: 2-door coupe
Size (LWH): 4661/1857/1336mm (183.5/73.1/52.6in)
Curb Weight: 1662kg (3664lbs)

Performance:

Acceleration: Not available
1/4 Mile: Not available
Top Speed: Not available

Sources:
Supercars.net - http://www.supercars.net