You do make good points in your writeup, Inyo. But, you are misinterpreting what veganism truly is. Now, it would be ideal if vegans could go through life and cause no harm at all, but that's not realistic. You are bound to cause some harm in your lifetime no matter how pure your lifestyle is. The vegan's goal is to limit that harm to as little as possible.

The process of insects pollinating plant life has been going on for tens of thousands of years. It's a normal part of nature. The thing is, nature controls it, not humans -- as they do in the meat and dairy industry. So to answer your question, yes, fruit is vegan. Humans did not exploit the insects, rather, the plant and insect have an interconnected relationship. They depend on each other, it's mutual. So in the process of eating fruit, no animals were harmed or used solely for human purposes. I hope you understand what I mean there.

Figs are also vegan. The person eating the fig didn't kill the wasp, the wasp died naturally as part of its life cycle. So you aren't harming that wasp in either way -- directly or indirectly. Mushrooms and fungi are, not surprisingly, vegan also. Vegan diets eliminate animal products, not mushrooms and fungi -- and as we all know, those are not animals.