Fat people have just as much worth and deserve just as much respect as anyone else. It doesn't matter if you're short, tall, skinny, fat, brown, pink, polka-dotted, or what have you.

Yes, that's true. Everyone is equal no matter what.

Fat is not a disease. The quack science of bariatrics has popularized the term "obesity" and likes to pretend that it's a disease, that it's curable, and that they have the cure. None of these assumptions are true. Fat people do not have a dreadful ailment.

I agree in part that being obese may not be a "disease", but, it is "curable". Most hyper-obese people do have a dreadful ailment. Mainly a very high risk of heart disease, or other heart related problems.

Dieting doesn't work -- in the long run, you tend to weigh about 5% more than you did before trying a weight-loss diet.

Dieting in the sense of Weight Watchers probably won't work for most people who try it. But if you change your diet and lifestyle, that will work (save for the people with genetics for being fat, who may need to do more). The reason so many people are fat is because they do it to themselves. Usually eating fast food, highly processed food, etc., that is loaded with calories, saturated fat, cholesterol, and not enough nutrients. The other factor is lack of physical exercise. I don't know the exact numbers, but I think almost everyone who is grossly overweight doesn't get any exercise at all.

I used to be pretty chunky myself. But I was thinking a lot about it. I didn't want to end up with 3 heart attacks by age 40. So I changed what I was doing. I stopped eating all that nasty shit that was easily available -- Burger King, McDonald's, Taco Bell, pre-packaged junk food from the store, etc. I also started exercising everyday. Guess what happened? I am not a chunky stump now.

So please don't tell me that if you're fat, you can never become a healthy weight. I'm proof that you can, along with millions of other people. It takes will power and concentration, but once it happens, you're very happy.

This mass hysteria about fat, and the pressure on kids (particularly girls) to be skinny has contributed to so many cases of anorexia and bulimia that if it were a product rather than an impossible standard it'd probably be outlawed as unacceptably dangerous to public health.

That is society at work for you. They don't realise that you can also be too skinny. But when every huge corporation and corporation slave (Britney Spears, MTV, etc.) runs propaganda that being skinny is the only way to be cool, there's not much you can do.