- Eshta: literally 'cream'. Used like 'Cool', only more so; eg "What did you think of that joint? Eshta!"
- Yani: literally 'I mean'. Used like 'Like'; a filler; eg "I think it would be better if we were, yani, friends."
- arbatashar: Literally, 14. Refers to the 14th day of the Islamic lunar month, which indicates the full moon. Means good, but in a pure way, unlike eshta(above) which is more rich, decadent; eg "How are you?" Arbatashar."
- Fil mishmish: Literally, with the apricots. Means, never. eg "When will we three meet again?" "Fil Mishmish."
- enta andek dum: "You have blood!" Mind your manners, that's shameful., eg "If I told you you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?" "Enta andek dum!"
Um, that's it for now. Please note I am still learning arabic, so no responsibility assumed for having mistaken a deadly insult for friendly slang and in so doing ending the life of a noder on holiday in Egypt.